The goal of Gemanator is to line up falling gems based on thier color and gem type. When four or more gems are lined up vertically, horizontally, into a square, or into a specail form, the gems clear away. When every space on the field has a gem, you lose, so it's of the utmost importance that you keep clearing gems away! If you clear gems away quickly, you get more points!
Clearing Gems away also lowers your EXP. When your EXP reaches 0, you "Level Up" and your Level increases by 1. The higher your level, the faster gems fall and you get more diversity in your gems.
- Playfield Top: This is where gems fall from.
- Level: The current level you are on.
- Info Bar: Tells you your score, EXP before the next level, combo time, and the objective for Trials Mode
- Side Panels: Tap and/or hold these to shift gems left and right. You can also slide the gems with your finger
- Time Info: Lets you know how much time you have remaining or, for Arcade Mode, how long you have been playing
Gemanator has six game modes for you to play and explore, each with thier own quirks and bonus objectives to clear them! All of the game modes are available at the start of the game as well.
- Rush: This mode gives you five minutes to get the highest score that you possibly can! Rules are loosened so getting to higher levels is much easier then in other modes. Best for casual play or beginners. This Mode has it's own leaderboard.
- Arcade: Try to clear Fifty levels of continuing and escalating difficulty. If you manage to reach and beat Level 50, you will have reached Paradise, the long lost planet of our ancient ancestors! This mode has two leaderboards.
- Nightmare: A challenge unlike any that you've ever faced before! You have a set amount of time to clear each level. If you don't get to the next level within the time limit, you get a Game Over. Getting to the next level is made a bit more difficult than in other modes, and the game's difficulty ramps up far more quickly and gets more intense than Arcade Mode. Not recommended for the faint of heart! This mode has it's own leaderboard.
- Trials: Over 100 preset puzzles are set up for you to solve, each with thier own ways to clear them. Gems do not fall from the top of the playfield in this mode, so you have to use what you've already on the playfield.
- Free: Change the settings and play how you want as long as you want. Good for practicing combos or playing at really high speeds!
- Novice: Very similar to Arcade Mode, but the game does not get anywhere near as intense as Arcade Mode.